1. Why did you become involved with Boys Town South Florida?
My passion for positively impacting the lives of others, particularly children, made Boys Town South Florida the ideal organization for me. The organization does an exceptional job at tackling complex problems from every angle, resulting in more effective and impactful outcomes. Meeting those issues with compassion and kindness early on is what drew me in. I am thrilled to have the privilege of contributing towards meaningful change during my time with Boys Town.
2. What do you wish other people knew about Boys Town? I wish others knew the myriad of ways this organization could impact them. Boys Town has the resources and commitment to truly meet children and families where they are and assist them even in their most difficult moments. This is a place where families can go when they feel that they have nowhere else to turn. There is truly no struggle or challenge that Boys Town cannot rise to the occasion and meet. My hope is to spread awareness of this organization to those who need it most.
3. What is your favorite program/service that Boys Town South Florida? Why?In-Home Family Services is my favorite because they genuinely meet families where they are. It allows families to have access to intensive parenting services in the comfort of their home, eliminating limitations such as mobility or having to go to a center for assistance. I also find providing services for families at home to be more effective when they are in their natural environment. Being in an environment families are comfortable in allows everyone involved to be more at ease and successful in developing new skills and solving problems.
4. What others will be surprised to know about you?I am a Lilly Pulitzer fanatic! I love to live my life colorfully and dress like it. I have been collecting Lilly Pulitzer since I was 16 years old!
5. What is your favorite quote?“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
― Maya Angelou
Click here to learn more about Vanessa and our Board of Directors.