Since our founding, Boys Town has been committed to saving the lives of children and healing families. Research is critical to our mission and plays an important role in the development and delivery of our youth care and healthcare services for families, children and patients.
Because of research, we know how to:
- Empower parents to help their children who have behavioral concerns
- Help a child achieve positive change in their behavior and psychological well-being
- Understand how things like substance abuse and childhood traumas affect developing brains, and affects responses to therapies
- Support language and communication development in children as they grow
- Screen newborn babies’ hearing at birth and apply early intervention strategies to improve communication skills for children who are deaf/hard of hearing
- Provide the best clinical support for individuals with hearing aids and cochlear implants
Areas of Research
At Boys Town, we focus on six areas of research, including hearing, speech and language, behavioral health, neurobehavioral, neuroscience and balance. Our research is unique because we take our findings from the lab and translate them to the latest, most innovative care for children, families and patients we serve. We share this research with others to impact healthy outcomes across the country.