MyBoysTown Proxy Access Terms and Conditions
MyBoysTown Proxy Access Terms and Conditions
What is MyBoysTown Proxy Access?
MyBoysTown proxy access allows an authorized person to access data in another person's MyBoysTown healthcare record and/or mobile application. Health information accessible in MyBoysTown includes but is not limited to: past and future appointments, all messages to and from my healthcare provider(s), lab and radiology test results, immunizations and billing information.
Often parents/legal guardians will use this mechanism to access their children's MyBoysTown accounts (typically, up until the child turns 19) so they can schedule appointments check immunizations, view test results, and coordinate other health-related information for their children, as permitted by state and federal law. Adults may use authorized proxy access to view a spouse, older parent or relative's information maintained in the MyBoysTown healthcare record. This can be particularly useful for helping monitor medications and appointments.
In any proxy relationship, two people are involved. One of these is the patient whose chart is being accessed. The other is the person (i.e., the proxy) who receives authorization from the patient to access the patient's health information.
How Do I Authorize and Terminate Proxy Access to MyBoysTown?
Authorization is granted differently for child patients and adult patients.
In a Parent/Legal Guardian-Child relationship, the parent/legal guardian coordinates access to the child patient's MyBoysTown account through the child's healthcare provider. Once access is authorized, the parent/legal guardian can view the health information maintained in the child's MyBoysTown account. When child reaches age 19, proxy access is automatically terminated, and the parent/legal guardian will no longer have access to the child's MyBoysTown record.
In an Adult-Adult relationship, the adult patient coordinates access to his/her MyBoysTown account via the online MyBoysTown application portal. MyBoysTown proxy access will only be granted to those persons authorized by the adult patient and who already have a registered MyBoysTown account. Adult proxy access can be terminated by the patient upon submitting a written request to Boys Town and/or the patient's initiation of a change in his/her proxy access in the MyBoysTown portal.
Proxy Access Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully. By authorizing proxy access using your MyBoysTown application portal, you agree that you've read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions below:
- I understand that by granting proxy access to a third-party person, I am allowing that person's access to the complete contents of my MyBoysTown record. I understand that granting proxy access to a third party is completely voluntary.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to terminate my proxy's access to my MyBoysTown account if I no longer wish to allow him/her access to my MyBoysTown information. Termination of proxy access may not be immediate. Boys Town will use its best efforts to terminate your proxy's access within ten (10) business days of receiving a written request and/or receipt of the change in proxy access in the MyBoysTown portal.
- I understand that if my proxy shares his/her user ID and password with anyone, or if his/her user ID and password are lost or stolen, unauthorized parties may have access to my MyBoysTown health information. I understand that it is the responsibility of my proxy to keep his/her user ID and password secure and to change them anytime they believe their security has been compromised. I agree that it is also the responsibility of my proxy to log out of active MyBoysTown sessions and take appropriate precautions when accessing MyBoysTown from his/her home, business, or public computer and when printing or copying any MyBoysTown health information.
- I understand that my proxy's activities within MyBoysTown may be tracked by computer audit and that any entries and messages may become part of the medical record.
- I understand that access to MyBoysTown is provided as a convenience to me as a patient and that Boys Town has the right to deactivate my access or my proxy's access at any time for any reason or for no reason.
- I understand that my use of MyBoysTown is voluntary and that I am not required to use MyBoysTown.
- I hereby agree to waive any and all claims or causes of action against Boys Town, its affiliated entities, their officers, directors, employees, and agents that are in any way related to my proxy's use of MyBoysTown.
- I understand my authorization for a person's proxy access will remain in effect until revoked in writing or changed by me in the MyBoysTown portal.
Contact Boys Town
If you have any questions about this MyBoysTown Proxy Access Terms and Conditions, you may contact Boys Town at firstname.lastname@example.org.