On September 30, Boys Town Nevada paid tribute to its past, honored its present and celebrated its future with a special anniversary gala marking thirty remarkable years of helping children and families throughout southern Nevada.
Hundreds of longtime supporters, donors and friends gathered at the iconic Keep Memory Alive Event Center in downtown Las Vegas for an unforgettable evening of reflection and celebration. Among the many memorable highlights, there was:
- A salute to nine special honorees - Norm Jenkins, Judge Charles McGee, Tom Waite, Winnie Schulman, Kevin Buckley, Reed Harris, Sarah Popek, Punam Mathur and Marilyn Kirkpatrick - whose advocacy on behalf of children and families has made a profound and positive difference in Las Vegas and beyond.
- An energetic musical performance by “The Ultimate Showman" Earl Turner.
- A heartfelt message from Boys Town President and National Executive Director Father Steven Boes.
- A surprise honor for the evening's emcee, Dave Courvoisier, who received the Voice of Boys Town Award in recognition of his longtime friendship and support.
- A tribute to Boys Town alum Terry Weggeland, whose son Steve announced a generous gift to Boys Town Nevada in honor of his father.
- An exciting auction featuring an array of amazing items, including a custom framed electric guitar signed by Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards of the rock band the Rolling Stones.
The love, energy and enthusiasm from everyone in attendance helped raise more than $200,000. This generosity will ensure Boys Town's life-changing programs and services can continue to grow and expand to meet the needs of our community.
Boys Town Nevada extends a heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone whose contributions over the past 30 years made this celebration possible and whose dedication to the mission of saving children and healing families will be an inspiration for years to come!