Duncan Day School
Where Struggles Stop and Success Starts!
Serving special education and regular education students, the Duncan Day School is a safe, enriching academic environment for children who need a reset.
Struggling students in grades K-12 who are at risk of being expelled or excluded from learning opportunities due to repeated behavioral problems, emotional struggles or academic failures have hope and a second chance here!
The Duncan Day School Difference
- 3:1 student-to-staff ratio
- Individualized instruction
- Consistent reinforcement
- Social, emotional and behavioral supports
- Trauma-informed teaching practices
- Comprehensive social skills curriculum
- Cutting-edge learning resources
- Best practices in special education
Tailored specifically to meet the needs of vulnerable students who have chronic behavior problems. Kids of every age and ability are empowered with the skills, focus and confidence to overcome their challenges and successfully transition back to classrooms in their home school districts.
Proven Methods. Meaningful Results.
Duncan Day School meets all the requirements of a special education provider, and staff has extensive training in classroom behavior management and Safe Crisis Management. Since 2011, we have changed the lives of hundreds of students through our Boys Town Education Model® .
The Model is a school-based intervention strategy that focuses on managing behaviors, building relationships and teaching social skills. By concentrating on the behavioral, emotional and social needs of students, we set them up for future success:
- Better daily school attendance
- Fewer disruptive behaviors
- Improved academic performance
All staff are trained to design and present effective academic lessons and teaching strategies, and to incorporate them into their daily instruction.
Students can expect…
- Clearly defined expectations and strength-based teaching.
- An inclusive, respectful learning environment.
- Support and assistance to meet their IEP goals.
The families of our students can expect…
- Frequent updates on their child's progress.
- Open, transparent communication and a spirit of collaboration.
- Comforting reassurance that change is possible.
Collaboration Beyond the Classroom
Many students and parents need additional guidance and support to deal with the issues that contribute to and exacerbate problems at school. They can tap into Boys Town's broad range of complimentary programs that address the needs of the whole child and the health and well-being of the entire family:
- Parenting classes
- Behavioral health services
- In-home family support
Together, we can give troubled students the second change they need and deserve.
Hear what other schools are saying about Duncan Day School.
Enrolling students at Duncan Day School is simple and straightforward. Contact Director Susan Uhl to start the admissions process, schedule a tour and have your questions answered.
Duncan Day School
510 6th Street
PO Box 201
Duncan, NE 68634