Building Pathways to Brighter Futures
The transition from high school to adult life can be difficult for any young person. For those without strong family support it can be even more challenging. Planning for a transition, developing independent living skills, seeking and finding a first job, as well as finding a place to live is filled with even more potential pitfalls.
With a strong focus on senior planning, proactive supports, individualized Life Skills Training, and workforce development, Successful Futures provides an invaluable resource for young adults as they transition to new levels of independence.
How it Works
Boys Town’s Successful Futures program was designed to prepare young men and women, both before and after high school graduation, to successfully make this transition by delivering:
- Stable support systems on the journey to adulthood, including crisis Intervention to help graduates cope with stressful events.
- A community of peers and mentors on which these youth can lean for support, guidance and kinship.
- A safe, affordable place to live.
- Workforce development opportunities that assist graduates in finding and choosing the educational and occupational path that is right for them. This includes early training in the trades or in preparation for a professional career; distribution of need-based and merit scholarships; internships, apprenticeships, shadowing, volunteering and other career-oriented opportunities.
Regardless of the challenges our youth face, we want to make an immediate impact and then build on that foundation to achieve ongoing progress. The needs are broad and vital, a nd include:
- Family-style support for our graduates
- Affordable housing for our participants
- Community engagement with partners, employers and trade organizations
Your support will enable us to maintain and grow our initiatives on our Home Campus, and to be prepared to expand to other locations when opportunities arise.
Boys Town Alumni
The transition from high school to adult life can be difficult for any young person. Boys Town’s Successful Futures program was designed to prepare young men and women, both before and after high school graduation, to successfully make this transition.