Healthcare Terms and Conditions of Use
Healthcare Terms and Conditions of Use
Accessing the website means you agree to these terms
These Terms (“Terms") are a legal agreement between you (the end user of the Website) and Boys Town, (acting on behalf of its subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensors, collectively “Boys Town") and govern your access and use of the Website (defined below). Boys Town may amend these Terms from time to time. By your continued use of the Website, you agree to these Terms in their then current form. If you do not agree with the Terms, do not continue to use the Website.
"Website," means all websites and pages located at this root domain: https://www.BoysTown.org/. Website excludes content that is located at other root domains.
You may be required to accept or acknowledge additional terms when you navigate to certain pages of our Website, or to complete some transactions (See below Additional Terms).
These Terms are organized as follows:
- General Terms – The General Terms tell you what rules generally apply to your use of the Website.
- Electronic Communications Policy – The Electronic Communications Policy gives you more details over how Boys Town will communicate with you through certain electronic methods.
1. The Website is not a substitute for medical advice from your health care provider.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, nothing contained in or provided through the Website is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment, nor as an endorsement by Boys Town. Nothing on this Website should be used in place of the advice of your healthcare provider. YOU SHOULD NEVER DISREGARD MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL ADVICE BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU READ, VIEWED, OR HEARD VIA THE WEBSITE. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.The Website may contain content that is provided under license from third parties. Such content is licensed and maintained exclusively by third parties. Boys Town provides you with access to such content solely for your education and makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy of such content. You agree to hold Boys Town and third-party licensors of such content harmless from any claims or harm that may result from your access to this copyrighted material.
2. The Website is for your noncommercial, personal use.
Boys Town makes the Website available for your lawful, noncommercial, personal use, limited to general information and educational purposes only and grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to access and use this Website for your personal use. You may not use the Website in a manner that impairs or harms the Website, Boys Town, or other users of the Website. No part of this Website may be reproduced, or otherwise exploited for commercial purposes.
3. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability.
Boys Town makes no representations or warranties about the suitability of any materials on the Website for any particular purpose. Boys Town assumes no responsibility for any loss or harm that occurs resulting from your use of the Website. Your use of the Website is solely at your own risk. Because some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion of certain warranties, these exclusions may not apply to you.THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY BOYS TOWN ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. BOYS TOWN DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE. BOYS TOWN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE IS SECURE OR FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE IS NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND DOES NOT ESTABLISH A TREATMENT RELATIONSHIP.TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BOYS TOWN BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, FEES, FINES, PENALTIES, LOSS OF REVENUE OR BUSINESS OR LIABILITIES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE.BY USING OR ACCESSING THE WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WEBSITE IS TO STOP USING THE WEBSITE.IF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ARE DISALLOWED, IN ANY EVENT, THE TOTAL LIABILITY FOR BOYS' TOWN SHALL BE $5.00 USD.
4. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction.
You agree that the Terms and any dispute arising from or relating to the Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nebraska, excluding conflict of laws rules, and that any action based on or alleging a breach of these provisions must be brought in a state or federal court located in the State of Nebraska. In addition, you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
5. Additional Terms.
The Website is comprised of information, products and services provided by Boys Town as well as information, products and services provide in conjunction with, or solely by, third parties. In addition, the Website may contain links to other websites or access to applications. As a result, in order to access some information, products, services or websites you may be required to accept additional terms, or additional terms may be presented to or made available to you. The additional terms will supersede, modify, or supplement these Terms. To the extent that such information, product, service, or website is provided by a third party, Boys Town assumes no responsibility for such third-party information, products or services and you acknowledge that Boys Town is not responsible for the accuracy or other aspects such third party information, products, or services. Examples of such additional terms include but are not limited to terms appearing in association with the Epic patient portal (MyBoysTown).
6. Copyright and Trademark Information
All software, content, and the compilation of all content included on this Website is the property of Boys Town or its licensors and is protected by copyright laws. The Boys Town Health logo is a registered trademark of Boys Town. The product and service names profiled herein are proprietary marks of Boys Town. All other brands and names are the property of their respective owners.
7. We will comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you have any copyright concerns about materials posted on the Website, you agree to let Boys Town know. Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(C)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to Boys Town's Designated Agent. An effective notification contains the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that website.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
All inquiries not compliant with the described procedure will not receive a response. For more information email email@example.com and include "IP Policy" in the subject line of your email.